Monday 8 July 2013

Shine and Credit Card Blocked

A rather frustrating morning.

I had seen adverts on the tube for Cancer Research Shine walk.  It sounded rather fun and some people on one of the cancer forums were also planning to do it.

I checked my diary and found it is a few days after my Herceptin treatment, so I wouldn't be constraining my holiday plans by committing to it.

I almost completed the rather long-winded online form on my 3rd attempt - something went wrong on the previous two times causing all my work to vanish.  Grrrh!

When I got to the last page and tried to pay the booking, my credit card was refused!  Huh?

Has there really been a sudden rush of fraudsters stealing credit cards in order to make donations to charity?

I looked up the credit card phone number online - one of these annoying revenue-generating 08457 numbers.  Fortunately I was able to use my trusty WEQ4U phone app to convert it into a local number, and went through various menus to pass security and finally got unblocked.  Until the next time.

This is the 2nd time this week my card has been blocked by a completely harmless transaction.  The next time it happens, I will cut up the card and take my business elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment